Who do we help?
Ethnic Link Services (ELS) is a statewide service for frail older people aged 65 and over and their carers from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds to support them to live at home in the community.
What can we offer agencies?
Ethnic Link Services can assist your agency:
- by being the communication conduit between service provision and clients
- by working collaboratively to support client services and programs to be culturally appropriate
Ethnic Link Services can provide the following services using bilingual bicultural staff through brokerage:
- a language service for assessments
- deliver services to agency clients which provides a language service integrated within service delivery
How do we help?
Ethnic Link Services’ bilingual, bicultural staff provide language and support services for clients. ELS staff:
- provide a language service for clients by interpreting for them
- communicate between clients and service providers
- support clients with appointments
- organise paperwork, such as letters, documents and forms
- help clients participate in social and therapeutic activities
- support services to be culturally appropriate
- provide information about current services
- run social support groups for various communities
- provide home visits and social support for vulnerable, isolated clients
Note: client fees apply to some services.
Staff speak the following languages:
- Chinese – Cantonese & Mandarin
- Persian – Farsi
Note: new languages are added as required.
Social support groups
Ethnic Link Services facilitates social support groups in the following regions and languages:
- Greek (Renmark, Berri
- Loxton, Barmera)
- Italian (Renmark, Berri)
- Eastern European
- Information sessions
- Multicultural Group
Note: a fee applies for group participation.
Ethnic Link Services is a Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
Supported by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Assessment via My Aged Care is required to access our service.
If you are looking to refer for services please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
Ethnic Link Brochures